School Vision Assessments
What is a School Vision?
School Vision assessments are a detailed, thorough eye examination. Designed for children who are struggling with reading, concentration and confidence in their school work.
School vision practitioners are trained to perform more reading specific eye tests. To detect eye dominance and examine the way both eyes work together, more thoroughly than basic NHS eye examinations. With suitable correction prescribed in the form of spectacles, contact lenses, tints and prisms. With close monitoring, school vision assessments can unlock a child’s potential by optimising visual comfort and therefore encourage the drive for development.
Are you suitable for a School Vision Assessment?
Does your child suffer from any of the following:
- Frustration with schoolwork
- Difficulties reading and spelling
- Writing backwards/mirror writing
- Letter/words jumping on a page
- Problems with glare on a page
- Poor attention in class or bad behaviour
- Holding a book very closely
- Closing an eye whilst reading
Please note school vision assessments are a non NHS specialist service.
What our customers are saying
I cannot speak highly enough of the level of service and expertise I received at In Focus one Saturday in April