Prioritising Your Eye Care
Here at Focus Medical Eye Centre we have built a reputation in offering the very best eye examinations possible. Using the latest technology, carried out by our resident specialists in an unrushed environment.
We believe in offering all our patients the very best level of care possible whenever it is needed and as such have made a change in how we deliver eye care.
We will now be offering all our patients an extended eye examination lasting 45 minutes and include all diagnostic scans as standard. This means Optomap wide field retinal imaging and OCT ( advanced Macula and Glaucoma screening ) will be included. Which will allow us to assess the health of your eyes as thoroughly as possible.
As of September 2021 we will no longer be offering a basic NHS sight test as this only covers 10 minutes of our time. It does not include any diagnostic scans, which does not allow us to work to the standard we want to. Under current NHS rules we are not permitted to see you as often as we would like, which also limits our ability to look after your eyes to the standard we want to.
We have now introduced our innovative Advanced Clinical Eye Care Plan which covers all your eye care for a small monthly fee of just £7.00 *
Full benefits of the care plan are as follows:
Comprehensive Eye Examinations
- 45 minute unrushed eye examination carried out by resident specialists using the latest technology.
- All scans with interpretation covered within the scheme whenever clinically necessary. This includes Optomap ultra-widefield retinal imaging and 3D OCT scans.
- As many eye examinations as clinically needed without the 2 year NHS restrictions.
- Standard Contact lens appointments covered (excludes specialist fitting and aftercare).
- 1 child covered by 1 plan. All children in one family covered by 2 plans.
Access To Emergency Appointments & Prescribing
- Unlimited emergency appointments, scans and eye care as needed.
- Private prescribing of eye medication by our IP specialist Practitioners.
Cost Savings On Spectacles
- Affordable eye wear with 10% total price for plan members.
- 50% off total price on second pair purchases.
- Children will have basic single vision lenses covered if a parent is on a plan.
Repairs And Servicing Of Spectacles
- Free in house repairs to spectacles and extended warranty on frames and lenses.
- Basic single vision lenses are covered under a repair warranty once every 12 months for children.
* 12 month minimum contract applies.
We will of course also offer a Pay As You Go Option if this works better for you. A 45 minute eye examination including Optomap and OCT with our in house specialists is £85.00 and a shorter eye examination for under 21’s with Optomap is available for £45.00
Information about our Advanced Clinical Care plan can be found at our website focusmedicaleyecentre.co.uk